Primary Election Advance Voting Information
Mail ballots and In Person Voting Begins July 15, 2020
In Person Advance Voting, Riley County Office Building, 110 Courthouse Plaza – 2nd Floor
- Wednesday, July 15 – Friday, July 17 • 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, July 20 – Friday, July 24 • 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, July 27 – Friday, July 31 • 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, August 1 • 8:00 a.m. – Noon
- FINAL DAY: Monday, August 3 • 8:00 a.m. – Noon
General Election Advance Voting Information
Mail Ballots and In Person Voting Begins October 14, 2020
In Person Advance Voting, Riley County Office Building, 110 Courthouse Plaza - 2nd Floor
- Wednesday, October 14 – Friday, October 16 • 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, October 19 – Friday, October 23 • 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, October 24 • 8:00 a.m. – Noon
- Monday, October 26 – Friday, October 30 • 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, October 31 • 8:00 a.m. – Noon
- FINAL DAY: Monday, November 2 • 8:00 a.m. – Noon
In Person Advance Voting, Kansas State University Student Union - 2nd Floor, Bluemont Room
- Wednesday, October 14 – Friday, October 16 • 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, October 19 – Friday, October 23 • 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, October 26 – Friday, October 30 • 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- FINAL DAY: Monday, November 2 • 10:00 a.m. – Noon
Advance Voting Options in Riley County:
Advance Voting In-Person Don’t Forget Your ID!
- Voting hours and locations may vary depending on the type of election. Each advance voter must show photo identification before receiving a ballot. Check out the Voter ID Requirement before coming in.
Advance Voting by Mail
- To vote by mail you must complete an Application for an Advance Voting Ballot (pdf) and mail it to Riley County Clerk's Office, 110 Courthouse Plaza, Suite B118, Manhattan, KS 66502 or fax it to the Election Office at 785-537-6394 or email it to email@example.com. A separate application must be submitted for each election. Voters who request advance ballots by mail must submit either their valid driver’s license numbers or copies of photographic identification documents.
- If you are sick or disabled, you are eligible to complete an Application for Permanent Advance Voting (pdf). This form is completed only once and good for every election you are eligible to vote in. There is no ID requirement for Permanent Advance Applications.
- Your completed application must be received at the Election Office before 5 p.m. on the Tuesday prior to the election. Submit your application early to avoid delays!
- Ballots will be mailed beginning 20 days before the election. Your completed ballot may be delivered in person to the Election Office by 7:00 p.m. on Election Day, delivered in person to any polling place in Riley County on Election Day or mailed and postmarked by Election Day. If postmarked by the Election Day it must be received by the Friday after the election for it to be eligible to count. Ballots may not be faxed.
Advanced Voting Ballot Information
- It is illegal for any person or group to delay or interfere with the transmission of applications from voters to the Election Office. Persons or groups transmitting applications for voters must mail, fax or deliver them to the Election Office within two days from the time they are signed. Anybody assisting the voter must sign the Affidavit of Assistance on the back of the mail ballot envelope.
- Ballot applications received within 20 days of the election will be processed within two business days. US Postal services are not in our control and this could delay your ballot. Please plan ahead so you receive your ballot in plenty of time to return your voted ballot to our office by the deadline.