COVID-19 Governmental Allocations Criteria & Guidelines
Entities receiving funds from Riley County will be required to certify in writing they will only use proceeds for:
- necessary expenditures incurred due to the public health emergency with respect to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19);
- not accounted for in the budget most recently approved for the county as of March 27, 2020; and
- incurred during the period that begins on March 1, 2020 and ends on December 30, 2020.
Funds cannot be used for the following costs:
- To finance a project, activity and/or location primarily located outside the geographic boundaries of Riley County, Kansas
- Any expense already satisfied by local, state and/or federal loan/grant programs such as SBA’s Paycheck Protection Program or Economic Injury Disaster Loans
- Any expense covered with any type of business insurance
- Any form of debt repayment
- Any activities not otherwise specified as allowable costs per the signed MOA.
The following forms must be completed and submitted prior to fund disbursement:
- Completed W-9 (pdf)
- Completion of Eligibility Memo Request (pdf)
- Completion of Reimbursement report including receipts or invoices marked with the date paid and copies of canceled checks or other proof of payment. Detail shall include amount, date of service, type, category and description of the expense. Contact Budget & Finance Officer at Riley County to obtain the required document, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If direct payment from County is requested, invoice copy including supporting detail as to amount, date of service, type, category and description shall be submitted.
- Meet minimum eligibility criteria
- Supports the economy of our communities and/or the entire county in the short and long term
- Funds are available for distribution
A Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) (pdf) will be required to be signed prior to fund disbursement. Additionally, at least one authorized individual will be required to sign an affidavit (pdf) at the time of the execution of the MOA. Furthermore, the affidavit must promise any unused funds will be returned and any use of funds which violates the MOA shall result in immediate repayment.
All documents shall be electronically submitted to a shareable drive. The link will be provided directly to you. If you are unable to electronically submit, hard copies may be submitted to the Budget & Finance Officer in the County Clerk’s office.
Disbursement of Funds
Upon approval of submitted documentation, funds will be disbursed to entity via check.
Reconciliation of Eligible Expenses
Entities shall provide Riley County a written reconciliation of how funds were utilized each month through December 30, 2020. All required supporting documentation is due the 1st of each month. Entities shall outline in their reconciliation their use of funds and certify the information on their written reconciliation is accurate and subject to future audit/inspection.