The Riley County Museum has many resources available to researchers who wish to find more information both online and by coming into our research library.
Index to "The Architects & Buildings of Manhattan, Kansas" by Dr. Patricia O'Brien
Pat O'Brien has compiled historical information about hundreds of local buildings and the architects and builders who created them. Lavishly illustrated with over 250 illustrations, this book is available at the Riley County Historical Museum. Publication of this book was supported by grants from the William T. Kemper Foundation and the Commerce Bancshares Foundation. For a list of names and addresses in Kemper's book, see the Index to Architects and Buildings, Manhattan, KS (pdf).
Riley County, Kansas, Officials and Their Families, 1855-1900, by J. Harvey Littrell Short biographies of the officials who governed Riley County during its first 45 years, covering the Kansas Territorial and early Statehood periods. This book was published by the Riley County Historical Society in 1996 and is available for purchase online at the RCHS Books and Publications page and may also be available through interlibrary loan. For copyright permission, contact the Riley County Historical Society, 2309 Claflin Rd., Manhattan, KS 66502. Preface, Index, Appendix to Riley County, Kansas Officials, 1855-1900.
- Isaac Goodnow's Diaries- Links to transcripts of the diaries kept by Goodnow after he came to Kansas.
- Riley County Bibliography (pdf) - An overview of published works on the history of Riley County held in local libraries and museums.
- Researching Your Property - Our Librarian has compiled a list of resources to help find the history of a property.
- Research Resources - Links to useful websites.
- Notable Riley Countians (pdf) - List of notable people associated with Riley County and Ft. Riley.
- History of the Veterans Oral History Project (pdf)