What papers will I need to title a newly-purchased vehicle?
You will need the title or MSO (if it's a new car), signed over to you, the sales tax receipt or bill of sale, the car's current mileage, and your insurance card. This must be done within 30 days of purchase. When transferring a tag between two cars, you need the current registration or tag number of the old car and the name of the person to whom the vehicle was sold.

Show All Answers

1. I've been called for Jury Duty, what do I do?
2. How do I obtain a copy of my birth certificate?
3. How do I contact the Sheriff's office?
4. Where is the tag office and what are the hours?
5. How can I become a paid Election Worker?
6. How do I determine what my property is zoned?
7. What do I do if I have a complaint about a county employee?
8. What papers will I need to title a newly-purchased vehicle?
9. Where do I go to file a deed?
10. How do I obtain a marriage license?
11. What is the federal minimum wage?
12. Where do I find information about the H1N1 virus?
13. Where do I obtain landlord and tenant information?
14. How often is the information within the interactive GIS website updated?
15. Can I build within the 500-year floodplain?
16. Does Riley County have building codes?
17. Which weeds are considered noxious in Riley County?