How can I drop charges against someone?

Charges are filed by the State and not able to be dropped by a citizen.  However, you may submit a written statement explaining why you wish to drop charges.  This statement will require your signature to be notarized.  Riley County has a Notary Public available to notarize signatures.

Your opinion is important to the prosecutor but once a report is received from the law enforcement agency, it will be reviewed.  Your written statement will be considered, however, the final decision in charging the perpetrator is at the discretion of the prosecutor.

Show All Answers

1. How can I drop charges against someone?
2. How can I find out if an arrest warrant has been issued on myself, a friend or relative?
3. How do I obtain criminal history on a individual within Riley County?
4. I received a speeding ticket, am I eligible for a diversion?
5. My landlord has threatened to kick me out of my house/apartment, what can I do?
6. When are first appearances in City Court/Municipal Court? Where is the court located?
7. When are first appearances for District Court? Where is the court located?