Show All Answers
KANSAS PAYMENT CENTER PO Box 758599 Topeka, KS 66675-8599Please put your case number on your remittance with the county two-letter digit (RL) for Riley County to ensure proper credit. If you have questions, or would like information regarding payments through electronic funds transactions (EFT), please contact KPC customer service at 1-877-572-5722, or visit their website at kspaycenter.Please notify the Court in writing of any address change or name change.
After the thirty-day time period has passed, the original is sent to the Office of Vital Statistics, 100 S. W. Jackson, Suite 120, Topeka, Kansas 66612-2221, where it is kept on permanent file. Copies from the Office of Vital Statistics are $15.00 for each copy.
The phone number for Vital Statistics is (785) 296-1400. Forms to request a copy of a marriage license, can be obtained at the office of the Clerk of the District Court, 100 Courthouse Plaza, Manhattan, Kansas 66502.
1) full name (first, middle and last)2) date of birth3) either a social security or driver's license number.
Applying for a marriage licence begins a three day waiting period. At the end of the three days or anytime thereafter up to one year you may return to pick up your license. At the time you pick up your license there is a $85.50 fee to be paid in cash. The license is issued and you may have your ceremony performed anywhere within the State of Kansas, for a period of six months. Courthouse Plaza Map...
2. Abuse must have occurred. This means that one of the following has occurred:a. The person physically hurt or tried to hurt you or a minor child on purpose.b. The person recently threatened to physically hurt you or a minor child.c. The person engaged in physical conduct (touching or sexual intercourse) with a minor child under the age of 16 years of age.
3.You may file only two petitions for a Protection from Abuse Order in a 12 month period unless you are filing the petition on behalf of a minor child who has been abused.
4.You must be available to testify at future hearings as set by the Judge or in any other criminal action against the abuser. If you fail to appear, the case may be dismissed.
5.Other legal help may be available through your private attorney or legal services.
6. A final Protection from Abuse Order will expire after one year or on the date stated in the order, unless you request an extension from the court.
7. If you are the defendant and you want an order restraining the plaintiff from abuse, you must file a counter petition.
8. There are forms available for a Protection from Abuse at the Riley County District Court, 100 Courthouse Plaza, Manhattan, Kansas 66502
2. You may seek a Protection from Stalking Order for yourself, for your minor child, or for a minor child that lives with you.
3. You should be available to testify at future hearings as set for the judge. If you fail to appear, the case may be dismissed.
4. Legal help may be available through your private attorney or legal services.
5. A final Protection from Stalking Order will expire after one year or on the date stated in the order, unless you request an extension or modification from the court.
6. There are forms available for Protection from Stalking at the Riley County District Court, 100 Courthouse Plaza, Manhattan, Kansas 66502.
B. Courts in Kansas will not do any searches by phone.
C. Requests for criminal record searches for employment, credit, etc. from any agency or individual shall be referred to the Kansas Bureau of Investigation at (785) 296-8200 (Records Department) per Supreme Court Administrative Order No. 156.
D. No district court employee may conduct a search which requires making legal determination such as whether a judgment is still current or that lien exists per K.S.A. 20-3133.