Child Care Scholarships

woman with children

How to find child care

If you are searching for child care check the Raising Riley List of providers currently working with scholarship children 

Look over the Child Care Licensing Selecting Child Care: Guide for Parents and check out Child Care Aware for Resources and Referrals 

If you already have a licensed child care provider ask your provider to complete page 6 of the scholarship application and review the requirements listed under the scholarship information tab

Applying for a Scholarship

Through the Kansas Children's Cabinet and Trust Fund's Early Childhood Block Grant, the Raising Riley Program (RR) has an opportunity to improve the affordability of child care. 

The scholarship program allows parents/guardians that live in Manhattan/Riley County area the opportunity to receive financial assistance for child care if the preschool/daycare provider accepts RR funds.  


Raising Riley and the Riley County Health Department does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, religion and marital or family status.  All information contained in this application is strictly confidential.



Additional Child Care Resources: 


According to Kansas Child Care Licensing Law, anyone providing care for children out of their home, other than those related, must be licensed with the Kansas Department of Health and Environment. The Riley County Health Department Child Care Licensing division works with all child care providers throughout the area to ensure children within our community receive safe and high-quality child care.

Search for a Licensed Child Care Facility Inspection Results


Child Care Aware® of Kansas strives to ensure that families have access to affordable, high-quality child care.  It leads projects, supports training, and advocates for positive changes that impact the lives of children and families